Monday, August 30, 2010

Thing I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA #1: Water

I assume that it will be hard to transition back to standard, comfortable life in the USA when my time abroad is over. So, to help me get psyched about the Kansas January and term papers that await me in the spring I am starting a list of things I am looking forward to Stateside. Look for more “Things I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA,” or “TIAMLFTA the USA” (pronounced “tee-am-left-a”) for short, in the weeks and months to come!

You walk in to a restaurant. You’re on a budget. You got with water when the waiter first comes to the table and asks you want because you figure hey, it’s free.

LIES.

Water is not free in France. In fact, on several menus I have looked at, it is actually more expensive than other drink options, which are also too expensive, in my opinion. I have paid six dollars for a bottle of water here. That just wouldn’t happen in the land of the free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...