Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Elegant Vintage brown pearl necklace

I am a very inexperienced photographer, but the pictures I took of this piece are some of my favorite. There is nothing quite as satisfying as FINALLY getting the lighting, focus, and piece placement right after hours of trying! I shoot most of my pictures in a very improvised studio that consists mostly of a super bright desk lamp, a box lid, various sheets of extra large scrapbooking paper in lots of lovely colors. Not exactly high tech.

This is a long faux pearl necklace that I reconstructed from vintage beads. When I graduated from school a very nice old woman that my mom works with gave me a gold mine of vintage pieces that I sorted into the "good-as-is," "good-with-some-reconstruction," and "utterly-hideous" piles customary when I get vintage pieces. The necklace made with these beads fell into the "good-with-some-reconstruction" pile and so an hour or so later, minus a handful of tarnished and chipped beads and spacers, this lovely little beauty was born.

It is probably the longest necklace I have ever made and it is a full 22 inches long. It graduates and the largest bead is squarely in the center. It has great drape and all the beads have a lovely sheen. It is the best of Victorian meeting modern style that any woman can pull off. Hope you like it as much as I do!

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a beautiful piece of pearl jewelry. The brown pearls are simply amazing. I should get some of those in ...please check out my site...
    Regards from Australia
    Susan
    http://pearl-necklace.submit-articles.biz/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...