Tuesday, December 21, 2010

5 In-Style Finds at the Thrift Store

Since I've been home I've hit the ultimate thrifting jackpot, and that is saying something in a small town in Iowa. So far I've aquired many wonderful finds including a great long green toggle close sweater, two vintage purses, about 5 skinny belts, two pairs of shoes, two vintage suitcases, a makeup bag, a velvet brown blazer, a thermal long sleeve shirt, and 3 awesome skirts, all for about $30. So here is a brief guide for

1. Skinny belts - they've been in style before, and thrift store belts are a great way to try out this new style without spending a lot of money.

2. Scarves - especially warm ones. If you don't spend much money you can have one for every outfit.

3. Bags and Purses - I've always had great luck with bags because there are lots of different styles available, most for less than $5.

4. Jewelry - Sometimes you have to take it apart to make it really worthwhile, but a lot of the beads or components are good quality, making it well worth investing a little DIY time.

5. Coats - Being warm is always in style, especially when you're from up north like me. I've found great peacoats and trench coats at my local Goodwill and other thrift stores.

Happy Thrifting!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...