Saturday, October 2, 2010

TIAMLFTA the USA #10: Ice

Along the lemonade lines, (TIAMLFTA the USA #5) I am feeling the warm absence of ice in my life. I have had ice ONCE since being here, but that hasn’t exactly filled the gap. Apparently the nuances of temperature are not such a big deal here, as I have also been served many a lukewarm bowl of pasta or slice of pizza. When I get back I am going to only eat frozen or unbelievably warm things until I’ve gotten my palate back into the swing of things.

I assume that it will be hard to transition back to standard, comfortable life in the USA when my time abroad is over. So, to help me get psyched about the Kansas January and term papers that await me in the spring I am starting a list of things I am looking forward to Stateside. Look for more “Things I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA,” or “TIAMLFTA the USA” (pronounced “tee-am-left-a”) for short, in the weeks and months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...