Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Parting Gift

Happy Halloween! Can't wait to see what kind of Italian devilry I will encounter today, even though I'm not even sure Halloween is a "thing" here. Guess I'll find out--I'll let you know.

As I am leaving for my fall break in Scotland in the morning and have utterly NO idea whether or not I will be able to access the internet while I am there, I am leaving you with some questions that should last you at least a week, if not longer. I will reveal the answers when I return on Saturday, just to keep you in suspense (and anticipating my return). Things should go on as normal around the site in the meantime, and a few posts are scheduled in my absence, just to make sure you don't run away. Also, I have a very special feature coming after the break, so stay tuned!

Enough talk. Here are your questions. (I should tell you that I can't take credit for these in the least, but found them floating about somewhere over a year ago.)

1. How long did the Hundred Years war last?

2. Which country makes Panama hats?

3. From which animal do we get catgut?

4. In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5. What is a camel’s hair brush made of?

6. The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal or bird?

7. What was King George VI’s first name?

8. What color is a Purple Finch?

9. Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

and last, but not least...

10. How long did the Thirty Years War last?

Have fun figuring them out!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...