Monday, November 1, 2010

TIAMLFTA the USA # 19: Bacon

There’s ham, and there’s bacon, and yes there is a difference. Pasta carbonara in Europe? Don’t get excited when it says “pasta with a cream sauce and bacon.” It’s going to be ham. They’ll call it bacon, but it’s not.

I’m hoping there’s a pound of ready-to-fry all-American bacon in the freezer when I land.

I assume that it will be hard to transition back to standard, comfortable life in the USA when my time abroad is over. So, to help me get psyched about the Kansas January and term papers that await me in the spring I am starting a list of things I am looking forward to Stateside. Look for more “Things I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA,” or “TIAMLFTA the USA” (pronounced “tee-am-left-a”) for short, in the weeks and months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...