Friday, September 24, 2010

TIAMLFTA the USA #8: My Family

Sap time.

I miss my family. A lot.

If you’ve never done it, it’s hard being an ocean away from the people you love. Often it doesn’t seem different than living a city or and state away, but sometimes it really hits you how far away you really are. I am so thankful that I am here with such good and supportive friends who do their fair share to keep the edge off, but there’s still nothing like a hug from Dad, a good conversation with Mom, and a flying tackle from a little brother.

I assume that it will be hard to transition back to standard, comfortable life in the USA when my time abroad is over. So, to help me get psyched about the Kansas January and term papers that await me in the spring I am starting a list of things I am looking forward to Stateside. Look for more “Things I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA,” or “TIAMLFTA the USA” (pronounced “tee-am-left-a”) for short, in the weeks and months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...