Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bookbag Challenge Day 2

This was our first full day of Scotland and it surprised us by being mostly dry, but ungodly cold. Taking advantage of the lack of rain we decided to try for the free three hour walking (I know, I was a bit worried myself) tour that left the Royal Mile at 11am. The tour turned out to be really interesting and worthwhile, and it was a great introduction to the history of Scotland, although I was a touch underdressed, and therefore froze for most of it.

They do tours like this at many destinations all over Europe, so please, look and see if you’re next destination is on the list. It was really worth it. Visit their website here.

And then, Tuesday night, we partook in one of the highlights of our trip: dinner in a home.

Yes, yes dear friends, we ate a real meal out of a real oven with a real family, WITH TORTILLA CHIPS NO LESS. It was a little slice of heaven. Family friends of mine are living in Edinburgh right now and they just so happen to be alumni of the same school I go to now. They were kind enough to invite us over for dinner, and made our week.

And during all this awesomeness, here’s what I wore:


Bookbag Challenge Day 2 

I added the skirt over my dress when I started getting cold in the afternoon and that helped a lot. Made a good cold day walking outfit overall.


Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...