Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TIAMLFTA the USA # 28: Pancakes

Actually, it’s more like breakfast foods in general. But pancakes especially would be very nice. Breakfast here is quite, “Oh, you want to eat now? Here’s some bread. I think there’s butter in the fridge.” And that’s not horrible, but I’ll tell you a secret. Most bread in Italy is unsalted because the meat here is so salty, making them both kind of disgusting, especially apart. And the butter? Also unsalted. So my breakfast every day has been unsalted bread with unsalted butter and a boiled egg. But now I am a master with a saltshaker. It’s all a give and take.

I assume that it will be hard to transition back to standard, comfortable life in the USA when my time abroad is over. So, to help me get psyched about the Kansas January and term papers that await me in the spring I am starting a list of things I am looking forward to Stateside. Look for more “Things I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA,” or “TIAMLFTA the USA” (pronounced “tee-am-left-a”) for short, in the weeks to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...