Saturday, November 13, 2010

TIAMLFTA the USA # 24: Mass and Confession in English

You can find it, but it’s hard. English mass is only on Saturday evenings in the center of Florence, which is inconvenient but doable, however few things have been as frustrating on this trip as finding English confession. It’s funny how much I have always taken liturgy in my own language for granted. As a member of the clearly post-Vatican II generation, I’d never even been to a Latin mass before this trip. I know that regular Sunday mass will be a welcome experience for me on December 5th!


I assume that it will be hard to transition back to standard, comfortable life in the USA when my time abroad is over. So, to help me get psyched about the Kansas January and term papers that await me in the spring I am starting a list of things I am looking forward to Stateside. Look for more “Things I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA,” or “TIAMLFTA the USA” (pronounced “tee-am-left-a”) for short, in the weeks to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...