Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bookbag Challenge Day 4

Today we woke up early and braved the morning air to make it in time for the HAIRY COO BUS TOUR!

To me, this initially sounded disgusting, and I was not really interested. But then I saw the words “Highlands tour” and “Free” in their brochure, so I decided to look a bit closer.

True to it’s word, this tour really was a FREE, DAY-LONG bus tour of the Scottish highlands. Umm, yes please. Even if the name is gross sounding.


 Turns out “coo” means cow in Scottish English, and there were plenty of hairy cows to go around. John and Fiona were in love with them, but I was a touch more reserved about the whole thing. They were cute, but really—they’re still cows.


This, my friends, is a hairy coo.

In the end, this was one of the coolest things we did in Edinburgh. We went to the Wallace National Monument (As in William Wallace. As in Braveheart. As in AWESOME.) and there was beautiful fall scenery galore. And just to put the cherry on top, we went to the castle where they filmed scenes for Monty Python and the Holy Grail. And they provided us with coconuts. It was fabulous.


 Unfortunately this probably the best picture of my outfit that I’m going to be able to provide you with. That super adorable hat was my one purchase on this trip and I love it dearly. Prepare to see much more of it, especially at the end of this month in Austria!

I regret immensely that our budget didn’t allow us to tip the Hairy Coo Bus Tour more than we did. Please, if you’re ever in the area, look them up. I think it’s important that small (and free!) tour companies like this keep going. Check out their website here.

So here is a better idea of what I actually wore:
Bookbag Challenge Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...