Friday, November 5, 2010

TIAMLFTA the USA # 21: Reading Packaging

There is an interesting looking package right next to the Oreos in the supermarket. You pick it up because you want to see what’s inside…but wait. You can’t read it. Guess your options are to buy it and try it out, translate the packaging word by word with the pocket-sized Italian dictionary in your purse, or forget about it. Based on my historic patience level you can probably guess which one I pick, unless there is visible chocolate involved. Sometimes it’s just nice to have simple “What is this?” questions answered on the spot. Ah, English. How I miss you.

I assume that it will be hard to transition back to standard, comfortable life in the USA when my time abroad is over. So, to help me get psyched about the Kansas January and term papers that await me in the spring I am starting a list of things I am looking forward to Stateside. Look for more “Things I am Most Looking Forward to About the USA,” or “TIAMLFTA the USA” (pronounced “tee-am-left-a”) for short, in the weeks and months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...